Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to edit my autocomplete in IE8

Status
Not open for further replies.

weberm

Programmer
Dec 23, 2002
US
I'm having a couple issues with autocomplete in IE8 on my XP machine. I am guessing something got corrupted or partially wiped out when I had to use the "restore IE8 default settings" to get IE8 working again. I have autoforms enabled for forms and logins/passwords but noticed that on some sites, the login name is no longer prepopulated and clicking at the left corner no longer makes a drop-down of the names appear, forcing me to type in my login name every time I visit the site. Short of wiping out ALL my autocomplete fields and rekeying them from scratch, is there a way to edit/restore them for some of my favorite sites?

Start by manually deleting any cookies associated with the site(s) that you're referring to. Also, it's possible that the site is now using one of the techniques that prevents the storing of autocomplete credentials.

Thanks, where do the cookies reside for IE8 on XP?

Never mind. I found the directory but didn't realize there were other types of files in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back