Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to edit a wetsite with FrontPage 2000 in Window XP home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anran

MIS
Feb 19, 2001
CA
Hi, there,

I have just got a new computer with Windows XP Home. I installed Office 2000 and tried to edit my website (Internet) through FrontPage. I added a web folder under My Network Place and then went to FrontPage and it didn't allow me to access the web site.

I used Windows 95 before and it was very simple to do it - just created a web folder under Network Neighbour and I could update my website through frontpage.

Is there anything else I have to do in XP to make FrontPage to connect directly to my webpage?

Any help would be really appreciated!!!

Anran

You have to specify in Frontpage, the URL (ftp) address for your site, and it's password, and the site has to accept FrontPage extentions. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Hi, Jim:

Thanks for your reply. Actually I specfified the URL address for my wetsite in FrontPpage and the weird thing was it didn't ask for my password. That is why I knew I was not getting there.

Any idea?

Thanks

Anran

Hi, Jim:

Thanks for your help anyway. I would keep trying.

Anran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back