Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to e-mail an excel worksheet automatially 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveCop

Programmer
Jan 11, 2002
GB
I have a very large Excel workbook which produces a complex "profile" worksheet containing not only data but mini-charts. Entering a subject name on the profile sheet updates the sheet to show that subject's information from the data sources elsewhere in the workbook.

I need to make the profile sheet available to each subject, showing just their own information. I have automated a print process in the past but now want to send just this worksheet (not the workbook) by e-mail. There are about 200 subjects involved and so simply e-mailing the worksheet manually using the standard Excel toolbar button is not an option. In any case I really want the sheet to be sent as an attachment so a covering e-mail can be included.

I tried to write a macro failed. The address on the e-mail defaults to the last used and the macro recorder did not seem to take any notice of my action in copying the e-mail address in the workbook and pasting it into the address field of Outlook.

Any ideas as to how I might proceed will be very welcome. Using Word (for example) as an intermediary in the process (because of better mail merge functions) does not seem to be an option because the worksheet does not display well.

Search the VBA forum for "email excel" - you should get a LOT of hits and loads of code examples for doing stuff like this.

Rgds, Geoff

Never test the depth of water with both feet

Help us to help you by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Excellent news and thanks for posting the link back so others can make use of it :)

Rgds, Geoff

Never test the depth of water with both feet

Help us to help you by reading FAQ222-2244 before you ask a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back