Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to dynamic print out multiple copies of report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzhangkzhang

Programmer
Mar 9, 2004
US
Hi:

I am modified an Oracle report using report 6i. I need figure out how to dynamic print out multiple copies for the same report based on the value of a column retreived from a table in the database.

Can I do this in Oracle report 6i?

Can I dynmaically reset the value for "Copies" system parameter based on the value of a column I retrieved from databse?

Any suggestion would be helpful!

Thanks!

You can call report from another report using SRW.RUN_REPORT functions. Before calling, obtaing the needed COPIES number and use it in the command line while calling.
Another option would be to place entire report into the repeating frame sourced by some group with the desired number of repetitions.

Hi Nagornyi:

The report will be invoked through a concurrent request submitted by user in Oracle 11i app.

So, there is no way to reset the value of COPIES system parameter?

Thanks!

I am not aware of any way to set COPIES on apps. Looks like repeating frame is the way to go in this case.

Dear kzhangkzhang,
Write a Select code in you Before parameter trigger of the report you are running to select the number of Copies you from you DB table & assign it to COPIES param i.e.

Select CPY into :COPIES from table_name
where .....

HTH
Regards
Himanshu

I haven't tried it yet..

Will let you guys know when I test it out.

Thanks!

Yes, this is working, I tried it. Somehow I had an idea that COPIES can not be set from within the report. Good finding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back