Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to duplicate database on 81C R4.5 CPP4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ineo06

Technical User
Mar 15, 2005
FR
Hi,

I have to set up 12, 81C, i would like to export the database of the first one ,into all the others.

What is the way to do that without having Site ID problems.

Thanks

it's not a problem, load as much you want into the 1st 81c.. maybe everything that is common and reload that in the other 12.. i've done that on a move where the customer buys a second 81 to avoid any downtime... that plant was turning 600 mil a week, a second 81 was cheap compared to a half a days down time.. in that plant if the switch went down they shut down the line and cleared the plant..

they spent that money to move the switch from the basement to the 3nd floor because the conf room needed to be larger for a major meeting

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ok johnpoole,

But how can i do the restore database, i know in 11C this is LD 143 UPGRADE...
Wath is the best process to do the same think with a 81C ?

Thanks

Go into LD 143 type upgrade use the achive util to backup the DB, to a Compact Flash. Transfer this to new switch and restore. If you have already setup the Node on the new switch you can copy the NODE folder from an achive of the new switch, delete the one in the Achive of the existing switch and replace.

bignose,

On a 81C the command LD 143 UPGRADE do not run , this is only for the SSC cards, my question was how to do the same think with a 81C

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back