Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to duplicate data from main report lines for sorting purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlbrown88

Technical User
Jun 28, 2010
US
Hi All - I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how I can get the data on my main (GF1) to repeat when I have multiple items on the linked Sub-report (GF1).

I am writing a report for our transportation team that on the main report has a shipment number and other shipment detail (carrier, leg, start/end dates, etc.) and in the sub report I am linking the Delivery's on that shipment along with the order numbers and customer ship to info.

When downloaded, I have a single shipment number from the main and 5+ lines of delivery numbers and related detail from the sub but because the main data doesn't repeat, it's not sortable and the shipment data looses it's integrity.

I have attached a pic of my .rpt if that helps explain the issue I am having.

Thanks for any help. I've tried everything I can think of.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5f066c0f-6620-4e1f-931e-52e55840f3d4&file=Screenshot_2021-08-18_145044.jpg
Does the picture include the subreport or not? I'm not clear what you are trying to accomplish or if a subreport is even required. Why did you resort to a subreport?

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

If you reversed it so that the subreport items were the main report and the current main report was the subreport, you would get the desired output, I think.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back