Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to duplicate a virtual scsi client ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strus

Programmer
Nov 24, 2004
FR
Hi,
On a power 5 based machine, we have 5 micro-partitions directly link to an IOServer via SCSI clients on this server.
We have install the first partition with Aix53 ... and then I don't want install the 4th others machine with the CD media, so I was wondering if it was possible from the Virtual IO server to duplicate the vhost0 for the others partition ?
(I don't want a nim soltution and I using alt_xxx commands is a dirty solution in my case I think)
Here is the config we have:
hdisk0 = vio server = rootvg
hdisk1 and hdisk2 = vio clients = rootvg_clients
on the roovg_clients, we have 5 virtual disks, one for each micro partition.

vhost0 = 1st virtual SCSI server = micro_part 1 = installed
vhost1 = 2nd virtual SCSI server = micro_part 2 = tobe installed
vhost2 = 3rd virtual SCSI server = micro_part 3 = tobe installed
vhost3 = 4th virtual SCSI server = micro_part 4 = tobe installed
vhost4 = 5th virtual SCSI server = micro_part 5 = tobe installed

Thanks

I just went through the training for the Power5 last week. I asked the same question and the result was that you had to install either by CD or NIM.

Regards,

Jarrett
CATE

Bro,

The fastest that i can say is to do the Alt-disk-install to your 1st micro-partition, i did this and i can do it to over 10 micro partitions and so fast.
this is the only way you can do it without using Cd and NIM which is very troublesome. If you cant figure it out how.. just let me know. coz ive dont it a couple of times.
cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back