Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to download new client versions & update ICA client configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekermestrovich

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
US
Can someone provide me the link on how to download the most recent ICA clients from the Citrix website and update that information into the c:\wtsrv\ica\clientdb file?

I may not be explaining this correctly, but basically I have 20 different clients to support the various platforms we use, and I want to make sure they're the most recent clients. So when the user logs on through the Nfuse portal the ICA Client download box will pop up requesting the user to download the most recent client from the Citrix server.

20 different clients? Woa. That's pretty impressive - linux, win32, win16, ppc, osX, powerpc, hpux, mips, arm, sgi, solaris, sco, ummm... psx, x-box..... Are you sure it's 20? Maybe it just seems like it ;-) Anyhow, all of the client downloads are at
To update the clients? Well....

If your users are connecting in via Nfuse, and assuming that you are using IE (as Netscape doesn't support activeX as noted by ChipsAhoy), you may actually want to also update the clients that are on the web server. You need to download the web clients (eg and extract the file and then copy that over onto your web server where the older clients are (eg c:\inetpub\ - move the old clients to a backup directory first). Then make sure that you have Nfuse set to update the clients - just go into nfuseadmin ( to set this under ICA client deployment.

On top of that, get the install images from and extract that somewhere the server can access. Then fire up the ICA client update applet via the management console and add in the clients you require.....

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back