Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to downgrade a raid card firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

na2im

Technical User
Dec 31, 2007
I'm using ServeRAID-6i. The latest firmware is 7.12.07. How do i downgrade the firmware to 6.10?

I found the solution already. Just boot the ServeRAID 6.10 CD, and you will see the lightning icon when it try to check the firmware. Click repeatedly the lightning and it will allow you to force-flash the old bios to the card. Thanks to vsokolov (MIS). I found from this forum.

Why are you doing this??? It's generally accepted practice to upgrade the firware, the driver in the OS and also the hard disk drive firmware and to keep them up to date, especially keeping the RAID controller FW and driver in lock step.

Did you have a problem?

Actually one of my customer have a server that install with ServeRAID-5i. All the driver and bios using the 6.10.24 firmware. That why i downgrade the firmware.

Why not just update the driver?

With the 5i you really need to be at the 7.12 driver/firmware/bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back