Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to do something in enter_query mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhoann

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
PH
hi ,

i am in enter_query mode, but i have a button - when you press it it will display all the records in a particular text box using a for-loop .. but it can't be done because it says that i am in enter_query mode.

something like this displays when i press the button.
"Function key not allowed"

can somebody help me how to do an action when you are in enter query mode... how to cancel it.... or anything that i can do...?

thank
jhoann

You may cancel it by calling EXIT_FORM built-in (not very obvious :) ). In fact some things are restricted in this mode, e.g. navigating to other block. Though you may make your button not mouse navigable. In this case you may press it even in this mode. Regards, Dima

thanks Dima, but I already tried exit_form(built in) it cancelled the query but I still can't do what I want...

my program is like this.

i have two Canvas C1 and C2 :
in C1 - i can do the query (enter_query mode)
in C2 - where the result will be displayed or where you can add new record when you cancelled query.

in C1 i have a button that when i click it the program is like this : (block1 : number of displays is 4)
------
Declare
bilang number;

cursor c1 is select req_no,rdate,rstatus,vdate from request
where r_user like :global.usr
and vdate is not null
and rverify is null
order by req_no;

mensahe varchar2(2000);

begin

if get_item_property('block1.req_no',database_value) is
null then

for v_c1 in c1 loop
if get_item_property'block1.req_no',database_value) is
not null then
create_record;
end if;

copy(v_c1.req_no,'block1.req_no');
copy(v_c1.vdate,'block1.date');
copy(v_c1.rstatus,'block1.status');
end loop;

end if;

end;
------------
since it's in a enter_query mode , what it does is it displays the record one by one in one row , so it only displays the last record . It didn't go in the next row. And the error "Function key not allowed" displays as many as the number of my records.

what can i do ... pls help me thanks a lot

jhoann

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back