Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to do "Forced Trunk Release" in Mitel 3300CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

blasteal

Technical User
Oct 22, 2009
NZ
Hi All,

We are currently developing an application for call management . We have an included feature that will kill a call based on the applied rules. For example, a call from certain number is to be killed when this call is diverted to such number. And in this scenario, the call is connected trunk to trunk, hence, TAPI lineDrop function could not be used for this. In other PABX(e.g. Samsung), there is a programming command (forced trunk release) that is used to kill a call thru a trunk. Is there any similar function in 3300CS?

Thanks in advanced.

SW Level assumed current, Trunk type assumed Digital

For active trunks you need to 4 Maintenance commands:

Busy x x x x x [then Submit] (Specific plid of trunk)
Force [then Submit]
RTS x x x x x [then Submit]
{CR} [Carriage return to confirm RTS Command]

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Hi kwbMitel,

Can we do the command you had mentioned via the "System Administration Tool" application?

System Admin Tool
Maintenance and Diagnostics
Maintenance Commands
All

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

It is a bad idea to use command line via the "System Administration Tool"

MITEL has specific tools for it. MiTAI inteface will allow you to monitor and control lots of different objects in 3300 including trunks.

Hi Slapin,

I had gone over the MiTSP and as far as my per knowledge, there is no function that can able to drop a call via trunk parameter. The lineDrop function is only good for dropping a call via extension parameter. If you could provide me the specific function that could able to drop a call thru a trunk parameter, this could be much appreciated.

Hi kwbMitel,

Thanks for providing me this insight. We may now able to conclude our study that we can able to kill a call by trunk by sending a certain command to the PABX. We need to trace the commands that sent/received by the "System Administration Tool" and these commands will be used for the purpose of killing a call by trunk.

MiTSP is obsolete and not supported anymore. Please contact Mitel or Mitel VAR regarding access to SDK and other software development tools. As I mentioned in my previous message, you need to use MiTAI API which contains tools to monitor and control almost any internal objects in Call Control engine.
On other hand MiTSP is Windows TAPI provider designed to work with click-to-dial capable applications which converts TAPI calls for your extension into MiTAI calls. It was not capable and not designed to control trunks, ACD, Hunt Groups and other objects besides DNs.

Hi Slapin,

Thanks for providing me further explanation. It would be much appreciated if you can assure to me that there is a function for killing a call via trunk parameter using MiTai. I knew that MiTSP itself as one component is obsolete but it is still package in the MiTAI. Our development of Call Management is mainly using TAPI component and we can't afford to waste time just to put our previous work in the shelf and develop again just to satisfy the interconnectivity of our application using MiTAI. TAPI component has only one limitation so far we know, this is what I am asking in this forum which is the killing of calls via trunk parameter. I am asking via this forum prior to contacting Mitel Office in order there is no much talking and explanation. As you know that it is much harder to explain to marketing executives compare to explaining to technical personnels. And I believe that almost who participated in this forum are technical guys. Sorry if this would be somewhat out of the topic but I believe I need to do this. But I believe my query now is just answerable by yes or no. Thanks again in advanced.

I cannot assure anything and then be held liable for your success or failure. I just comment your question. If you did not plan your project and made assumptions that everything will magically happen, you probably know who's fault it is.

SXClearCall() function from MiTAI API can be used for your task.

Definition
int SXClearCall ( attrs, NULL );

See programmer's reference manual for details.

Still, you are responsible for testing this functionality with your system.

Plus I'm just wondering, how did you get MiTSP? From my knowledge you have to be a member of MiSN (MSA) program in order to obtain a proper license for using Mitel SDK in your products. This membership will include access to MiTAI API and all documentation as well.

Hi Slapin,

Please execuse me to tell you how come project planning is a part of this discussion. Please do recall that kwbMitel had provided me a definite programming command that can kill a call via trunk parameter. And here comes you had interrupted his information to tell us that it is a bad idea to use commands in "System Administration Tool". If I am the one in your shoes telling that, I will surely tell the reason why it is a bad idea and will clearly explain the particular procedure to do in order it will work successfully in a recommended process. By the way, I have no MiTSP component but I had a complete guide for it. I had scrutinized this guide and found out that a call could not be killed by a trunk parameter. If you are just telling that MiTai is a promising APIs without assurance and a definite explanation to the topic that had raised in this thread, then, I would rather say that you seems you are talking as same as a marketing executive.

First of all it is a bad idea because you will have to implement a web browser functionality which will log-in to admin interface and then pull maintenance page with command line interface. Then it has to understand the layout of the page, where the answer of the system is, in order to make a correct errors detection. Plus this layout has changed about five times within five years. So you will have to provide patches to your product for every 3300 software release and subrelease. On other hand MiTAI API version 1 can be used with even latest software release as long as objects which it will try to control still available in the system.

I will repeat that I will not assure anything or will require anything. It is up to you to accept my suggestion or take other path. It is a public forum. You can hire me or someone else if you wish to get detailed information and make sure that whatever I say will work properly and according to your requirements. Plus membership in MSA requires signing of NDA, so this is the reason that you cannot find anything solid in public domain.

Hi Slapin,

Thanks for the additional information. If money will greatly involved, I am 100% sure for myself that I will opt to contact to a marketing executive at one of the Mitel Offices rather than to take a chance from any forum users. As you said, this is a public domain and that's it, the relationship will be bounded by a public domain agreement and it is just of having an almost-zero chance that this will go beyond from that agreement. Unless, I know you very well and you can of 100% be trusted. I believe this thread will be ended in here for you. Please read the description of this forum that "selling and recruiting forbidden".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back