Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to do chart on data that doesn't retrun from DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

vetaldj

Programmer
Apr 14, 2005
US
Hi all,

I have a problem...
I have DB that I can't modify and I use it to build chart that should show data for each week in year. It should be 52-53 bars. Problem is that I have no data for all weeks in DB. I have it just for first five weeks of the year, but customers want to see all 52-53 weeks as label and bars for existing weeks...

I'm running out ideas and time... Can anybody have some solution or thoughts for this?

Thanks

You could try exporting the data you want to ACCESS. Building a table in Access which has all you weeks. Do a left join from that table to your exported data table and then reporting off that.

Easiest way is to get a link from access to your DB and then building the query you want in ACCESS to extract basic data.

Ian

Thanks for your answer but I can't use this way since we are trying to remove access db from our process :) right now. Is there any way using formulas, arrays or similar tools from Crystal to achive this?

Thanks

Not really as Crystal can not create dummy records.

You really need a weeks table, its not a big task surely your DBA could do that. It would have no impact on system performance as its just static table

Structure would be

Parent_key, Date, year, month_name, month_no, week_no

Build for say 25 years.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back