Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to do a cutover from verizon demarc to XO block

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshGrad

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2005
US
hello, i was hoping if someone out there can help me out. can you tell me in babytalk (i am fairly new at this) how to do a cutover for 2 co lines from verizon to a CLEC?
my personal situation is that there are 2 numbers that need to get ported; one is a fax and one is the main co that people call and get directed straight to the auto attendant. can you tell me if i am supposed to take the pairs from the verizon demarc and punch them down onto the CLEC's block or....?

any input is very much appreciated, thanks!

Generally you don't "punch down" on the demarc. Legally they are supposed to provide you with a "connectorized" interface to the demarc. That usually means an RJ-11 in the case of CO lines, unless you have many, and an RJ-21 would be installed with an AMP Champ (Amphenol) connector.

But yes, you should just move the cross connect that you are using for those lines now to the new demarc, and everything should work fine. If they are punched down now, you should punch them down on the new demarc. Make sure that you can still use the bridging clips (the little metal clips that span two pins) so that you can simply and quickly disconnect the CO line from your system for testing.

Just curious, but is there a reason that you are only moving the two lines?

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back