Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to distinguish Executable & Functional maps within Map Export file

Status
Not open for further replies.

JingleBingle

Programmer
May 3, 2005
DE
Hi dear Community,
has anybody an idea how to distinguish executable and functional maps within the xml file of a map export. From their structure they seem to be completely similar.

<Map name="MapName" InputCount="1" OutputCount="1" AuditCount="0" RemarkCount="0" Source="">
[further structure]
</Map>

But maybe I overlooked something or there is another indirect way to e.g. extract the executable maps?

With my best regards,
Olivier

As far as I know there is no way to distinguish them. We always have functional maps starting with f_.
I suppose the only way to identify them is to see if the map name is referenced in a rule but not by the RUN function.
Also, input card 1 doesn't have a <FilePath> tag - I believe this is the same for all adapter types.

Hi janhes,
thank you for your tips. Fortunately we have the same naming convention. Indeed I preferred a more generic solution, but working with the rule-references is not 100% sure if there are also unused functional maps.

ThanX,
Olivier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back