Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display two records in a Text Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

hgg21

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
SG
Hi,

I have a problem here. I am planning to build a staff movement database.

Now I have a form where I want to display two records. For example, I input a date and did a filter. However, there are 2 persons on duty that day. It is only able to display 1 record at a time. Is there anyway to display 2 at one time on a form?

Thanks.

PS: Any ideas on how to go abt doing the database? Generally what I want is to query on which days who is on duty.

Hi!

A continuous form will display multiple records. Alternatively, use the datasheet display.

hth

Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

Hi guys

thanks for ur help.

But I cant get the results I wanted. For example, 2 persons with different employeeID are on duty on a date. 2 records in activity table. I input a date and and filter it to find these 2 IDs. However, in a text box it is only able to display 1 ID at a time. I have to scroll the records selector below to view the other one. Is there other way to make it show 2 IDs at one time? maybe using query?? Sorry I am not very good at access.

I have a subform in the form too. So I cant set it continuous view.

Regards
Jerry

A text box will only display one record, unless of course you set the sub form to continous to display all records for that date.

An alternative would be to write a VB function to display the names of the staff that are present on a particular date. The argument in the function would be the date. The result could be displayed in a label, not a text box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back