Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display remote dynamic xml wihout refresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rammi07

Programmer
Aug 1, 2006
NL
Hi all . I want to create a page that it pulls dynamic xml data from a remote server (in this case it is from radio station rss that inncludes artist name,song name and ...) and display it page. Here is example of remote rss xml:

Code:
- <playlist> 
- <song> 
  <artist>Artisname1</artist> 
  <name>SongName1</name> 
  <image>./song_images/artistpic1.jpg</image> 
  <rating>3</rating> 
  <songid>2624</songid> 
  <totalvotes>35</totalvotes> 
  </song> 
- <song> 
  <artist>Artistname2</artist> 
  <name>SongName2</name> 
  <image>./song_images/artistpic2.jpg</image> 
  <rating>3.5</rating> 
  <songid>4795</songid> 
  <totalvotes>14</totalvotes> 
  </song> 

</playlist>

I want the page that displays above information have the updated data at all time without refresh.I be happy if some one help me achive this goal using php .Thanks

You won't be able to do it using PHP, you'll have to use Javascript, or some other Client-Side language. PHP being server-side will have to have the page refreshed for it run.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

vaunita could u point me to working example of javascript that does not produce permission error.?Thanks

I don't really know of any, the best I could do is point you to the JavaScript forum, see if you can get help there.

JavaScript forum: forum216

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back