Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to display in the report the entire memo field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cores

Programmer
Oct 17, 2007
CA
CRXI SQL Server

I have memo field in the report. I am exporting the report to csv format. The text of the memo field, that is displayed in the report, does not include entire field. The text is cut.

Please help me - how to make displaying in the report the entire field!!

Thanks very much!!

Please help me how to solve problem with truncation. What can be the reason that in CR data get truncated?

Thanks!

What version of CR are you using?

Cr8.5 was limited to about 255 chars
Can't recall limit for 9+ but several thousand.

YOu have to create a view of data and break up memo into permissable chunks say 4000 chars.

Then in Crystal concatenate them back together in a text box.

Ian

Ian,
thanks for reply.
I am running CRXIR2.

Ian, please explain what do you mean YOu have to break up memo into permissable chunks say 4000 chars.

I am using view for this report and one of the fields - this memo field.

Thanks!

I can not remember what max field size is for crystal to view. Had similar problem with CR10 and will built a view of the table holding memo field. It was oracle query said

select field1, field2,
to_char(substr(memofield, 1,4000)) as part1,
to_char(substr(memofield, 4001,8000)) as part2,

from table

Not sure what the SQL server syntax is

You can concatenate these fields in a text box.

Ian

If there are CR or LF characters inside the field, then an export to CSV won't work because while the comma is a seperator of the fields, a CR/LF is the line seperator.

Choose a better export format like XML. or directly into XLS as that will wrap the field in a cell.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back