Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display field names dynamically

Status
Not open for further replies.

teakandme

MIS
Jun 10, 2004
US
Want to basically add an entire database table to a report with the field headings displayed, how can this be done dynamically?

Dynamically meaning if you change the database, the new fields show up automatically?

The short answer is that Crystal, as a stand alone tool, cannot do this.

It may be possible to create such a report using VB and the Crystal reports component, but I cannot say. If you want to pursue this possible solution I would post it in forum768.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

The table I want to add has currently 250 fields. The table is denormalized table and they do sometimes adds more fields, but more importantly, I just don't want to have to defined the fields and their alias separately in the crosstab table or in the report......I was hoping someone would say it was possible.....without to much trouble.

Thanks though!

Not exactly clear on what you mean, but...

If you set the printer to a very wide printer, you could move all fields into the detail section by selecting them all and double clicking, and the headings would automatically be generated. This would have to be refreshed though when data changed.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back