Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display default today's date in parameter value ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2006
US
Hi

I would like to display default today's date in user Parameters, I tried this way

tools --> Parameters --> End_Date value is now()

by the time I click apply it disappers, I am using Actuate 7 SP2

Thanks
Sridhar

I just tried it on 8sp1, with same effect.
I suspect it is not possible.

Do you need the user to change the Date in your parameter? Or do you want report to run with the current days value.

Blank date parameters return the current date so you might be able to use that, but it will not display the current date in the parameter box. You can think about having a hidden one that is set to blank and then override it with another parameter if the user enters one.

The situation is like this, They have start date and End Date. user enters start date, End Date should default to current date. If user wants different date, he will change it.

gdwood, I can do that in the report but my users would like to display current date on the screen..

Thanks,
Sridhar

Hi,
The date parameter field can not show any default date. Actuate automatically considers the current date (system date) when you refer the parameter variable inside the code, if the parameter field is blank.
Thanks
jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back