Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display data on the report based on specific parameters and sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

syamtunuguntla

Programmer
Dec 14, 2006
US
The report has multiple parameters including 2 date ranges like left start date and left end date, right start date and right end date. i have date from the source but the report purpose is to compare the same data for 2 specific ranges like a dashboard.

how do i display data that is specific to left date range and likewise on right side. how to decide left side or right side?

Thanks
st

The basic approach here is to bring back the data for both periods, with a Record Selection Formula along the following lines:

Code:
(
	{Table.Date_Field} >= {? left start date} and
	{Table.Date_Field} <= {? left end date} 
) 
or
(
	{Table.Date_Field} >= {? right start date} and
	{Table.Date_Field} <= {? right end date}
)

(although you might want to consider only 1 date range by parameter and the second date range a calculation based on the first)

To identify whether the data is in the first date range or the second, you could do a formula something like this:

Code:
If	(
		{Table.Date_Field} >= {? left start date} and
		{Table.Date_Field} <= {? left end date} 
	)
Then 	'Period 1'
Else	'Period 2'

Hope this gets you started.

Cheers
Pete.

Hi pete,

thank you for the quick reply. i have literally few fields separated by a black lane at center. except the date range same columns looking at 2 different time periods for the same products.

i do have 2 date ranges not one. so your idea is bring all the data for (left side and right side)all the columns. on the left side just show normally (assuming current period) on the right side show the data after subtracting dates from left side using the date value parameters supplied for right start and right end dates.

and i am not showing period 1 or period 2 in the report. it is showing data for 2 different periods side by side for comparison purpose.

please check the attachment

Regards,
ST

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=e2b40067-a8d1-47fb-89db-6b7f30c5ed84&file=Capture.PNG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back