Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display data based on specific parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

syamtunuguntla

Programmer
Dec 14, 2006
US
Hi,

i am working on converting a legacy crystal report into new version of CR.my data is based has lot of numerical fields and start date, end date and issue date along with some other regular parameters.

the data matching left parameters should be displayed on the left side of the report and data that is between the right start and end date should be displayed on the right side of the reports i literally have a solid line at center.

i wanted to get this using record selection criteria but my selection now bring either data matching left date parameters or right date parameters. how do i get this using record selection criteria. below is what i have now

({Sheet1_.issuedate}>={?leftstart}and {Sheet1_.issuedate}<={?lrftenddate})
and ({@aliasissuedate}>={?rstartdate} and {@aliasissuedate}<={?renddate})-- this shows only 1 record that is matching 2nd line

What i am missing here . the data base is just 2 tables

Try this:
({Sheet1_.issuedate} in {?leftstart}} to {?lrftenddate})
OR ({@aliasissuedate}IN {?rstartdate} TO {?renddate})

That give you data that matches either criteria. Then on all the fields on the left side apply this Conditional Suppression: not({Sheet1_.issuedate} in {?leftstart}} to {?lrftenddate})
and on the right side: not({@aliasissuedate}IN {?rstartdate} TO {?renddate})

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back