Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to display a pdf file on a web page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daldous

Technical User
Feb 23, 2002
US
I started my first website last week using Xara Webstyle4 for template, graphics, menus, photo pages etc. and Frontpage 2003 for text. I uploaded via WS HTP Pro and it all works on the web as advertised.

Now, I want to display family tree info on the pdf files that are exported from family treemaker. I think this is simple but after reading "help" in all my software and using google for hours, I still don't have a clue!

PS - I tried a javascript (from a friend) top_menu "frame builder" that inserts a menu in the first line of the page (to return to previous page or?) and inserts the pdf in the rest of the page. It works great off-line on my home computer with IE 6 but will not work at all after upoading to the web with FTP. It does exactly what I want offline, but I can't get it to work online. I wonder if using FTP to upload vice "publishing" with Frontpage (which I've never done) causes a problem??

Thanks for any help!

Darwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back