Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to display a eula in my setup.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryk

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
US
Hi All,
I've made a little VB app in Visual Studio 2005. I've used the 'publish' utility to make a cd-based setup.exe.

I can't find an option to pop-up my License Agreement and have the user check "agree". Does Visual Studio support this, or do I need to go with a 3rd party like installshield?

Many Thanks,
Jerry

Not sure how this is in VB2005, but in 2008 you can select the button "User Interface Editor" in the Project Properties.

Right-click the "Start" in the "treeview" that appears and click "Add Dialog". From there you can select "License Agreement" ;)

Anyone? I can't use a direct link to the file, 'cause the files in the folder change.

Perhaps someone has another idea.

I'm not sure about VB2005, but under VB2008 Express there is no option to change any of the additional files you might want to view/open on install. So if you're using Express, you might be out of luck, and need to use a 3rd party. I actually enjoy the control that 3rd party packagers install. You just need to find the one you like, and one that fits your budget. Most of them have free trials versions to give you an idea what you're getting into.

Cheers,

Realm174

1. Create an rtf file.
2. Drag and drop into the application folder of the setup project's file system editor.
3. Click the user interface editor.
4. Right click the Start icon of the Install tree.
5. Click Add Dialog.
6. Choose License Agreement.
7. Locate and put the rtf into the License Agreement's LicenseFile property.
8. Right click the License Agreement Dialog, then move it up or down as you wish.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back