Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable users deleting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iedu

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2006
GB
Hello,

Im new to this site and would be grateful if some one could tell me if it is possible to disable users deleting notes in the notes area in Goldmine 5.5.

I would still like them to have the ability to add details but not to delete items.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

No. For this reason (and numerous others) it's much more appropriate for them to create a history item instead of adding to (and overwriting/deleting) the notes tab.

If they're looking to record the details of a phone conversation, they could select Complete|Unscheduled|Incoming call and fill out all the information (including a notes field) there. The info would then appear in the history tab for that contact (where you can sort by user, date, etc.)

Also noteworthy is that if you update to the 6.x version (6.7, preferably) you can curtail their deletion rights such that they could, indeed, add history items but not delete them.

I am not 100% sure whether or not that was possible in 5.5.. I'm thinking NOT.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back