Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to disable the "finder" beside the Customer No textbox on OE scree

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccpacNet

Programmer
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Hi everyone,

I am working on customization of OE screen, and I need to make the "finder" beside the Customer No textbox disabled. Can anyone help me out there?

Thanks in advance!

Disabled or disappear?
You can use the UI customization to hide the finder.

Hi Ettienne,

Could you please tell me How to hide it because I don't need it? Thanks a lot!

Hi ACCPACnet

You will have to create a (user_sample)AS| user|security profile|User Authorisation| of course having logged as ADMIN then go UI Profile Maintenance|Assign UI Profiles.
Then having done that go for e.g OE Invoice {may be you want to remove &BrowseButton Forms|File|Customise|Choose_profile|start to uncheck checkboxes. That user when logged, won't have a chance to browse for any report on that particular O/E Invoice Form, infact won't even see that browse button.

Thanx
nkadi

Hello

I'm able to do everything except it seems like I can only add one entry to the "Assign UI Profiles" screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

Unbelievable! You're a star!!! I've only recently been asked to help with ACCPAC support... I don't have any ACCPAC background so I'm learning on the fly. This forum has been a great help.
Thanks ettienne

You're welcome.
That Insert key catches all newbies, so don't feel alone.

I solve this problem in my work and here is my solution.

Public txtBox as Object

in .OnUIAppOpened()

Set txtBox = .UIAppControls("afeOEORDHcustomer").GetControl
txtBox.NewButton = false 'disable New Button
txtBox.ViewFinder = false 'disableFinder

Hope it is helpful for you.

Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back