Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable the Access Close button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrg

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2001
US
I am looking for a way to prevent users from exiting an access application (.mde) by clicking the Access close control (X) button in the upper-right corner of the Access application. I want them to only be able to exit by pressing an Exit command button on one of the Forms.

Thanks.

I would like to know this two if anyone can help?

Take a look at this thread, there are two links to answers here (I never tried tham so I can't tell you if they work)

I hope this helps

thread181-49825 (I don't know how to pase shortcuts in here, sorry)

Kyle ::)

don't know what was on that thread, so im going to just say this anyway. Ok heres what you can do, goto the top left of your form, right click the form to bring up the properties menu, look for a property called close button, if you set this to no thy can not use the close button that comes with the form as standard. You may also achieve similar results by again going to the properties menu for the form, find a property called control box, then set it to no, this should remove all of your minimize, maximize,close icons from the top right of the form.
Have fun
ta ta for now

This link supplied by Rohdem on February 05, 2001 worked great. It is simple and very easy to implement. I tried it in both Access 97 and Access 2000 .mde applications with success.

Thanks to all who replied.

-cyrg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back