Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Disable SATA Loadup in Award Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

arh2o

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
US
I have the award bios but how do i make my comp disable trying to load the SATA stuff. It says SATA Bios not found when i first bootup my comp always. It gets kind of annoying, so i went into the bios to try to find the option to turn SATA detection off. I have only 2 IDE harddrives so i dont care, but i cant find SATA anywhere in the bios. thanks in advance

Mr. Google says it's located under Integrated Peripherals->Onboard PCI Device

I don't know if it's correct, I don't have any Award based motherboard, try it yourself :)

So your mobo supports SATA - but you're not using SATA drives?

When it says SATA bios not found (is that actual message? - sounds odd if its a SATA board) - does it give you option to access settings for SATA? (on my board, Ctrl+S does this).

Having an Award bios is not significant - its what settings are available in there for your board - just have a look. Might be worth posting what your board is - others here may have experience of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back