Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable Read receipts reports ouside the organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pviqueira

Instructor
Aug 23, 2007
ES
Hello,
I want to disable Exchange 2007 to send read receipts reports outside my organization . I want to enable it inside the organization but I want to disable it outside the organization (this is internet). I can't find how to do it.

I had tried to "disable allow delivery reports" (under: Organization Configuration > Hub Transport > Remote Domains > Default - Message Formats) to prevent send read receipts to outside organiztion but I received it anyway.
This is my configuratioin in mmc:
I tried to disable it through Exchange Managment Shell:
Set-RemoteDomain -Identity * DeliveryReportEnabled $false
but I get the same resultant.
When I send a mail from internet with checking "Request a read receipt for this message" and a person inside the organization read the message and response, I continue receiving a read receipt mail.
Thanks
Pablo

Any idea??

The way we did it was to look at the content type in the header of the email and block it at the gateway using MIMESweeper. Can't remember what the content type was though. Not sure if natively possible in Exchange 2007.

What happens if you go to Organisation Configuration/Hub Transport/Default. Properties. "Out of office message types delivered to this remote domain" and set it to allow none?

Hello,

Finally, I disabled read receips reports otside the organization making two trasport rules.

1- Remove message header Disposition-Notification-To for mail sends from outside my organization.
2- Remove message header Return-Receipt-To for mail sends from outside my organization.

So I don't receive read receipts from mail outside my organization and anybody can send read receipts reports.

Another ideas??

Thanks
Pablo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back