Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to disable menu options such as SAVE and FILE SAVE in Notepad.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookouri

IS-IT--Management
Feb 23, 2000
US
Anybody know of any registry settings to disable menu option such as SAVE and FILE SAVE in Notepad.exe?

I'm setting up a "kiosk" type workstation and want users to be able to open notepad, type notes in it, and print from it, but I dont what them browsing out to the file system and looking around for things to get in to.

I can keep them out of things with security, but I want to stop them having any way of even browsing out to the file system or network resources.

thanks

My company was also setting up 300 Kiosks for customers to use. We ended up purchasing Kiosk software because otherwise windows can't be locked down securely. We ending up using

KioWare Kiosk Software

It works very well and is completely secure.

Bill
Lead Application Developer
New York State, USA

How about using the built-in guest account?

the trouble with the guest account it you cant disinfect it very easily after use. Deep freeze set the pc back to how it was built after each reboot. Even viruses and malware are removed after a reboot.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back