Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable login script for one computer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ama299

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2002
US
Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out a way on how to disable my login script from running on one computer in a domain.

I have wk2 domain when a user logs in I have a script that runs that maps some drives. I what this to happen on all the computers (witch it does) but one. I need the computer to be still apart of the domain, but do not want the script to run no matter who loggs in. There are all kinds of post about how this does not work for some, but it works for me and I don't want it to on one of my computers XP pro.

Thanks,

You will want to set up loopback policy processing for the machine you would like the login scripts to not run on. Loopback policy processing will enable you to configure user Group Policy settings based on the particular machine the user logs on to. See the following links for more information on configuring these policy settings.

- Loopback processing of Group Policy

- Loopback processing with merge or replace

Joey
CCNA, MCSA 2003, MCP, A+, Network+, Wireless#

or a simple if statement (based on variable Computername) in the script.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back