Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable DHCP on Summit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCP2000

MIS
May 24, 2002
US
I have 6 Summit X250e-24t switches that I need to fix. We are using them as a means of building a back-end control network for some voice equipment. The only port touching the production LAN is the Management port. The problem is that my network operations and network engineering team ran to my desk on Friday screaming about my switch handing out DHCP addresses.... over the MANAGEMENT port.

I am currently running XOS 12.0.3.16 w/ SSH module installed.

I can't seem to find how to disable DHCP server functions. Everything I have seen says "DHCP client".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe there's quite a bit of configuring to enable DHCP to work on the Mgmt port, so if you didn't do any of that I highly doubt it's giving out addresses.

If you enter show dhcp-server "Mgmt" does it say "not configured"?

Actually, if I execute "show dhcp-server Mgmt" I get nothing... I just get the command prompt again.

I would assume that you are correct, but every employee in our network-engineering group swears that that they "saw" my switch handing out addresses. I have never configured anything concerning DHCP on my switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back