Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to disable AEC objects in AutoCad 2005 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3crue

Technical User
Jun 10, 2005
US
Can someone please help!?
I keep getting fatal errors doe to AEC objects not saving
correctly after initially loading just fine! I have vanilla AutoCad 2005 but receive DWG's from architects that use Desktop 2005! If I do a QSAVE in paper space, this seems to bypass the problem (saving in model space only triggers the fatal error), but recently, I have been getting fatal errors no matter what I do? Is there a way to disable or bypass the AEC object enabler?

Thanx

Hi j3crue,

I'm afraid there's no way to "bypass" the enablers without uninstalling them. This shouldn't be a problem and I'm wondering if your enablers install some how got corrupted, you might try reinstalling them and see if the problem doesn't correct itself. You may also try running a recover on the problematic drawings, perhaps they themselves are corrupt and the actual problem, not the enablers.

HTH
Todd

The issue isnt corrupted enablers at all. There are known issues between ADT (which most Architects use) & base Autocad. If the versions are significantly apart, such as you are using Autocad 2004 & they are using ADT 3.3, this can casue even greater issues. If they dont save to a normal dwg and give that drawing to you, you are going to have a host of problems. Have the Arch use Etransmit and save to a base .dwg, thereby eliminating all the 3d info that is what casues most of the issues you are experiencing.

I have gone through this exact issue for at least the past 5 years and resolvevd it in this manner every time.

Autocad 2006 eliminates the need for most enablers. If the issue still continues, then you shoudl try recover, then audit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back