Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to dial an Indonesian AT&T Local Toll Free Number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james343

Technical User
Jun 26, 2007
HK
Anybody from Indonesia? I hope someone from Indonesia or know the dialing prefixes in Indonesia can help me in figuring out how to dial an Indonesian (local) AT&T Toll free number? The Telco provider is TELCOM. At&T has provided our company with a TFN of 001 803 44 xxxx.

Maybe you cannot dial this number from overseas?

Most toll free numbers you can't

For example, bar the odd exception, Ifrom the Uk we cannot dial US toll free numbers.

As it is the business that pick up the charge, they are unlikely to want potential very high call charges being billed to them.

Your best bet it to find out what number this points to.

Robert Wilensky:
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.

It would be extreemly rare for a company to have a world wide Toll free number. At best they would give you a calling card. You may still be able to call the number but you would have to pay toll charges for the overseas portion and use a country code.

you should still be able to try with the 011 then the country code for Indonesia (62) and then the 800XXXX (without the 1 or 0 in front) you pay the connection from here to Indonesia and there the connection is free, so you pay just as much as if you would call the local number. I know a few numbers that we call in Europe and it works but we pay just as much, just easier to dial if it is a catchy number.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

You can get international freeephone numbers from Telcos, though they are expensive. Useful really only for high value sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back