Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to determine the last time a mailbox sent/received email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtorres13

Technical User
Nov 11, 2006
US
How to determine the last time a mailbox sent/received email. I have a list of mailboxes. I need to determine if they are still in use. No one seems to know the answer. I'm thinking that the modified date tells me the last time that mailbox has sent or received email. Correct? If I"m correct, how do I get that info, Modified Date? I don't know my way around Exchange 2010 to view individual mailboxes and see their properties.

Rather than checking the last time it sent or received mail, it would be better to look at the last time a user logged into the mailbox, and that's a lot easier to come up with.

From Exchange powershell:

get-mailbox | get-mailboxstatistics | sort-object lastlogontime -descending | select-object displayname,lastlogontime

That will show you the sorted list of mailboxes and will let you know which haven't been logged onto in weeks/months/years. I use this all the time.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net
TrainSignal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back