Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to detach the report catalog from ReportSmith 4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtarrant

Technical User
Jul 29, 2001
US
Does anyone know how to detach ReportSmith from the catalog that comes with 4.2? I've heard from other sources that there is a utility to do this, but no one seems to know how to get it.

A word of WARNING when you remove the Catalog function you also remove the Scheduler, so if you are scheduling batch jobs through ReportSmith you will have to find another way to do it. At first the users wanted to remove the catalog, but after awhile everyone got use to it and now they don't want to give it up.

I presume that you are using ADP?

If that is correct it should be on your Service Release 4 cd. ADP PC/Payroll version 4.0 Service Release 4 CD Type e:\RS Catalog Remover\v4.2d
english\setup.exe, where e: is the drive
letter of your CD-ROM drive.

If not try ReportSmith Hot Fix 2 for ADP PC/Payroll CD Type e:\RS Catalog remover\setup.exe,
where e: is the drive letter of your CD-ROM
drive.

David Black, CQA
Sr. Systems Analyst
Teepak, LLC

I dont seem to have the RS Catalog Remover directory on my installation cd. Can it be downloaded somewhere?

It was on the Service Release 4 CD, not the installation CD. You need to have SR4 installed. If you don't you need to contact ADP support.

Sorry but that is about all the help I can give you.

David L. Black Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back