Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to deploy Customize toolbar to other users in excal application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cathy68

Programmer
Aug 6, 2003
NZ
Hi Guru:
I meet a problem to deploy customize toolbar which I create in excal application. this toolbar has 5 controls and I add in different macros for them. In my own computer, this toolbar works fine. When another user open my excel application in his computer, it only shows the customize toolbar, but all the controls buttons disappear. I have to go to each computer whose will use this software and install the control button and macros for them again. the problem is this application will be used in another city which I can't go to and the user don't have this knowledge to do these things. In my computer I go to "Tools" and "Customizes", add the new toolbar and add new commands, then I create new macro for them. do I need do all them in VBA, or someone has a good option?

thank you very much in advance.

Hi Cathy,

The simplest way to handle this issue is two-part.

1) Make sure all of your Macros are in your Personal.xls workbook. If not, put them in this workbook. Locate where your Personal.xls is located and where the Personal.xls file is located on all the other users' PC's. Copy your Personal.xls to replace theirs. (The caveat here is if they have macros in their Personal.xls workbook. In this case, you need to export the macros from your workbook and import them into their workbooks).
2) Copy your Excel.xlb file to the users' PC's. This is the file that contains the toolbars for your Excel. (The caveat here is if the user's have made custom toolbars of their own. These will be contained in their xlb file. If this is the case, you will need to set up a custom toolbar on those PC's and assign Your macros to them after you import the macros into their Personal.xls workbook)

Hope this helps! :)

Trickydick

Hi Cathy68,

Making customized toolbars is easy if you use the following link Put all your macro's in a module in your sheet and built your menu's with the above technique. It's easy and quick.

Getting the wright FaceID (for the icon) is made easy with another application on the same site:

one thing: It needs to be Excel97 as previous versions used a different technique (Menu editor).

I'm sure this will help you a lot!

DODO1 [sleeping2]

thank you guys. that is really helpful!!![thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back