Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to deny access to metrics in the report for certain users

Status
Not open for further replies.

sri1808

Programmer
Nov 9, 2004
US
Hi,
I have a report in Mstr 7.1.7 and I have 5 metrics on the report. I want to block 3 metrics for certain user and give access to only 2 metrics how i can i do that I tried to deny the access for 3 metrics from the metrics folder for the users but still they can see all the metrics on the report but though they are not able to see 3 metrics in adhoc report.Please help me

Thanks,

You are running into a problem that has been addressed in later versions of Microstrategy. I believe it was in version 7.2 that they implemented a different security model that allows you to define security at an object level. The only way to do it with your current version is to do it at the report level. Create two reports with the metrics that you need and then grant access to the proper users. If that won't work you'll need to upgrade.

Thanks for the suggestion reisw.
I heard that its possible in version 7.2 so we are creating two reports and then grant access accordingly.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back