Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to delete white background from image

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul963

Technical User
Jan 16, 2006
JP
I have an uneven image (its a picture of a bag bag of something) on a white background. I need to get rid of the white background.

I know how to use the magic wand to select the white background, but what do I do next to delete the background, and then get rid of the canvas.

In past attempts I have been able to delete the white background, then click "modify canvas" then "trim canvas"-but when I do that it puts a smaller canvas box around the image, the edge of the box is on the outside of the most protruding part of the image on each side, it does not get rid of all the canvas, so when I put the image on a non white back ground I still have a white backgound.

How do I get rid of all of the canvas so all I am left with is the image and no canvas?

You are on the right track with the magic wand and trimming the canvas. Once you have that done, simply click on "Modify; Canvas Color" and then change the canvas color to Transparent.

Export the image as a .gif file with your preferred settings and insert wherever you like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back