Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to delete .wav file in my board v9 in G700? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ONsiteengineer

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
PH
Hi,

i want to delete an announcement which is actually for my music on hold. How to do that? It's extension 700. Will it overwrites the existing announcement if i upload a new one with the same file name so that i will no longer delete the existing one? Ex. Existing is ext 700 with filename music.wav(corrupted).Then, replace it with same file music.wav (new file). Hope you guys get my point.

Thanks a lot.

"remove file board v9 /annc/music.wav"

Make sure the file in not protected in the annancements properties ("change announcements" SAT command).

Petran
Avaya Certified Expert

Thanks!! by the way, will it overwrite the old one if i ftp a new file with the same file name? Thanks for the command!

To be sure, remove the old file first and then ftp the new one...

Petran
Avaya Certified Expert

ok. thanks a lot. how will i going to remove that? is it "remove file board 01v9 /annc/music.wav"? I have S8300 as primary and S8300 as lsp, both in the same site. Im not sure if the announcement is in primary or in lSp gateway V9 slot? How will i know that? Thank you guys for your help..

On the main S8300 SAT interface, type "display announcements" command and find the row where the announcement has the name "music". At the right end of the screen you will see in which board it is located (eg. v9 or 2v9)

Then type the command: "remove file board _v9 /annc/music.wav" where _v9 the slot of the board.

Petran
Avaya Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back