Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to delete old email address from "frequent contacts", company wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsmith

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
US
I need to know how to delete old/changed email address from "frequent contacts", company wide.

History: Secretary to the CEO had her name changed in her active directory/Exchange a few years ago.
No problems with that.

Problem is when she sends out meeting requests some times she gets a name conflict message referencing her old last name.
So there's still some connection out there.

If I go into the users email that is sent the meeting request and search his/her contacts I don't see anything listed for this woman's old name.
BUT if I search the person's "frequent contacts" folder her old contact info is listed.

As an Administrator is there anyway for me to delete all reference to her old name from everyone's frequent contacts and contacts folder company wide all at once?

The only other thing, and I'm not sure of this because it changed before I worked for the company, is that they used to have a Groupwise email system before changing to Exchange 2007/Outlook2007. It might be that those original users are the ones that still reference her old name but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back