Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to delete obsolete Distribution Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmkeshav

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2005
NL
Hi All,

I get Error 2302 in the SMS_DISTRIBUTION_MANAGER for non-existing Distribution Points. These Distribution Points were removed from SMS long back. How to remove non-existing/obsolete Distribution Points completely from SMS?

-Keshav

From a MYITForum.com post:

If so you can use this SQL syntax to locate the DP's in the DB and then you can remove them. In the display 1 syntax, replace the sitecode with the sitecode of site B. This should give you a list of known DP's to that site.

Display 1
Select * from pkgstatus where Sitecode = 'XXX'
Select * from pkgservers where Sitecode = 'XXX'

In display 2, choose the name of the DP you'd wish to remove.

Display 2
Select * from pkgstatus where Sitecode = 'XXX' and pkgserver like '%dp-name%'
Select * from pkgservers where Sitecode = 'XXX' and nalpath like '%dp-name%'

Once your satisifed that you have the DP you wish to delete listed in the syntax of Display 2, then enter that Dp's name into the Delete 1.

Delete 1
Delete from pkgstatus where Sitecode = 'XXX' and pkgserver like '%dp-name%'
Delete from pkgservers where Sitecode = 'XXX' and nalpath like '%dp-name%'

You can repeat the steps as many times as necessary. This should remove the DP's from SMS know list of DPs.

As always, double-check and make sure your deleting the correct one, otherwise all your DP's could be deleted.

Thanks very much for your reply. I am yet to try your suggestion. Before that, I would like to clarify one more thing. The sites are still active. Only the distribution points for these sites have changed. Can I still execute the steps?

-Keshav

Yes these are for deleting specific DP's from the SMS db. The only reason you would do it this way was if someone just "unplugged" the DP so you couldnt go to the SMS console and remove them properly through that method. If you read the entire link up there it should explain why they got to this point to have to remove the DP's this way.

Tim B

Thanks Tim. I will try this.

-Keshav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back