Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to delete all records in crosstab query before next loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ice051505

Technical User
Feb 18, 2013
CA
Hi dear all, I have a piece of code about export different queries into multiple worksheet in one excel file. The query "DivideGroup" is a crosstab query, and the data value in "DivideGroup" should change in each loop depending on the grouping factors. Now I can get my first loop right, but the second time it will add the value to my first query and pass to the second worksheet

Can anyone have a look at my code and help me to delete the data at the end of each loop? Thanks a lot!!!

Code:
Private Sub ExprDetail_Click()
Dim db As DAO.Database
Dim qdf1 As DAO.QueryDef
Dim qdf2 As DAO.QueryDef
Dim rst As Recordset
Dim recordCnt As Integer
Dim recordNm As Integer
Dim sql As String
Dim arrStr As String
Dim arrCount() As String

Const JOIN_SEP = ""","""

Set db = CurrentDb()
Set qdf1 = db.QueryDefs("RecordExcel")
Set rst = qdf1.OpenRecordset
recordCnt = rst.RecordCount
ReDim arrCount(1 To recordCnt) As String
rst.MoveFirst
For recordNm = 1 To recordCnt
    Set qdf2 = db.QueryDefs("DivideGroup")
    arrCount(recordNm) = rst!grouping
    arrStr = """" & Join(arrCount(), JOIN_SEP) & """"
       sql = "TRANSFORM Sum(Format_Step3.SumOfCatch) AS SumOfSumOfCatch SELECT Format_Step3.TimeGroup AS [Date] " _
           & "FROM Format_Step3 INNER JOIN RecordExcel ON Format_Step3.grouping = RecordExcel.grouping WHERE (((RecordExcel.grouping) In (" & arrStr & "))) " _
           & "GROUP BY Format_Step3.TimeGroup, RecordExcel.grouping ORDER BY Format_Step3.TimeGroup PIVOT Format_Step3.ClnVar;"

qdf2.sql = sql

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, "DivideGroup", "C:\Documents and Settings\WangA\My Documents\Export_Excel_Files\FNexcel.xls", True, arrStr
    rst.MoveNext
    qdf2.Close
    Set qdf3 = Nothing    
Next recordNm
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back