Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to customize alert emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

asilverblatt

Programmer
Jan 13, 2010
US
In SharePoint 2007, I am implementing a support ticket tracking system. I need to be able to customize the alert email messages that are sent. Specifically, I need to have those messages either (a) contain the complete text of the record that generated the alert; or (b) contain a direct link to the record that generated the alert (currently, the link is only to the main page of the site, and the user must click several more times to locate and display the record).

I have tons of experience with general programming (VB and C#) and databases (SQL and Access), and some with ASP.Net, but the programming examples I've seen for SharePoint are complete Greek to me, so an "out of the box" solution would be best; if that's not possible, I'd hope for the simplest approach that will get the job done. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back