Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to CSS Print Styles to print catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sknyppy

Programmer
May 14, 1999
US
Has anyone had any experience using CSS print styles to 'neatly' print out a catalog of products?
Usually 2 rows of 5 products consisting of an image(100x100) and product number/description.

Any good examples available to build on?

Thx,
Dave

You will need to assign whatever will need to be moved a specific class or id.

These all need to be nested in a div... like <div id=&quot;content&quot;>, which will be the only thing printed.

All your other content that you do not want printed should also be in divs... <div id=&quot;nav&quot;>, div id=&quot;footer&quot;>, etc etc

These will be called in your &quot;print.css&quot; stylesheet.

The content will be styled here and all other divs set to {display:none;} so they will not be printed.

Here is an example I have at my family website I am building...
works best in Mozilla/NS6+ but works great in IE too. It's just that IE does not support fixed divs yet, which this site utilizes. :( Damned IE ha ha!

View the source there... view the 2 stylesheets g.css and print.css and compare versus the source code to see how the divs are displayed or not.

Good luck!

JimS.
aka
TenTonJim

Looking for work:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back