Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create VCDs using SONY CRX140E/CH2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhaskarsh

Technical User
Dec 6, 2002
US
Hi,

I have a sony CRX140E/CH2 8x4x32 CD writer. I would like to make VCDs of my videos transferred from panasonic digital camcorder. I use MGI video wave III for video editing and MPEG file generation. When I create a VCD file from MGI videowave III and try to generate a VCD using the burner, the sony CD extreme software says that the file is not a valid mpeg file for VCD. However, the format that the CD extreme specifies for a VCD and the format I generate from MGI III are the same (NTSC 328x 288 or PAL 328x 240)
I also have adaptec easy CD creator installed in my system.
Please suggest a way to sort this out.

Thanks

Your best bet is to try burning a vcd using NERO. It has a simple wizard that should be able to guide you through the process. Let us know how you get on.

It depends on what format the video is in when you start..... for instance if you want to make dvd movies into multiple svcds I suggest you use a product called dvd2svcd. It's automtic once you've got it set up correctly though it'll take about 24 hours to complete. Once it's done though you're left with 2 or 3 cd-images in the bin-cue format ....you can then burn the vcds with whatever software you want. Fireburner will work, so will Nero.

There are other products available on the internet that make vcd format cd-images out of mpeg or divx format video... probably called mpg2vcd and divx2vcd or something similar. If you have trouble finding them go to You'll find 'em there.

Good Luck,

markoff
spamturbation@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back