Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create/transfer shares on another server

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2003
PH
I have a box running Windows 2000 Server configured as PDC. I have configured a number of shared folders there with different user ACL settings. Some are using inheretance some are not.

I want to tranfers or make copies of these shares to another windows 2000 server box together with the ACL settings. I have transferred some of the domain accounts and groups to the receiving computer. Is there a script I can use to do this?

Also is there a way that I may be able to turn the shares on and off using scripts or other methods?

Thanks.

"I want to tranfers or make copies of these shares to another windows 2000 server box together with the ACL settings."
- ROBOCOPY will do this easily. The latest version is included in the Windows 2003 Resource Kit Tools available at

"Also is there a way that I may be able to turn the shares on and off using scripts or other methods?"
- A simple batch file with the "net share" command should work.

Claudius (What certifications??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back