Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create temporary tables in ADP file (on local machine)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surotkin

Programmer
Dec 10, 2003
CA
Hello everyone,

Does anybody know, how can I use temporary tables on local (client) machine (could be linked to a MDB-file on local machine) in a Project (ADP) file?

The reason is - to store temporary data on Client machine to reduce traffic for data that are not changed often.

I tried to create a table in an ADP-file, but MS Access creates a table on SQL-Server side.
I tried to link to a MDB-file on Client machine, but MS Access creates a query.

Thanks.
surotkin

I could be wrong, but I think you are trying to do the impossible.

The adp, by design, skips the jet engine and uses OLE Objects instead.

MDB uses the jet engine. Two different approaches to "talking" to data. The issue you are having is an attempt to do both. I don't believe you can.

A possible approach would be to create recordsets in your VBA and hold the data there. It could load during the session and empty when done. Usually SQL run on the front end is slower, but if these are temporary, perhaps they won't be large enough to matter.

Hi belovedcej,
I see.
Thanks for response.

surotkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back