Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to create setup cd ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

geberti

Programmer
Sep 12, 2012
SA

i had created an application throw pb. 10.5 connected with ms access db,
up to date it was on developing level ..

but now the mean thing i need your help on it, is:

how to create a setup cd, and what files, folders and all need to include it on that setup cd ????

so, pleeeeeeeeees need a help with steps how to create a setup cd for my small application.

note:
the plan to give a user fully privilge to install the cd once only on selected pleace.

Search in the help for 'deployment' or 'deployment files'. There should be a list of what you need to include based on what your application does. I don't have that version of PB anymore so I can't give you the list.

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

Hi,
I have installed oracle 11g Release 2 , 11.2.0.1.0. The installation went successfully without any errors and I have created listeners and created new user with grants, also I have imported dump file. But when I am trying to connect through powerbuilder database painter, it says 'Oracle library OCI.dll could not be loaded.'. Is there any drivers which needs to be installed manually apart from the oracle installation. Where can I get those drivers. ?. Please advice me.

Note: When I am trying to connect oracle outside powerbuilder, then it's ok. Connection successful.

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit - X64.

Also, I have downloaded the correct installation files from the oracle site. i.e., oracle 11g 11.2.0.1.0 for windows 64bit.

Please help me to find out the solution for this.

Subbiya

oci.dll belongs to Oracle.

I think you might have a conflict in having installed different versions of Oracle at the same time.
If possible, uninstall all oracle clients you might have, clean registry with ccleaner for example and reinstall your oracle client.

Hope it helps.

regards,
Miguel L.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back