Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to create Product key Ms Access...

Status
Not open for further replies.

haj1503

Technical User
May 29, 2001
MY
Hi,

I would like to create something like product key in my Ms Access Application. May somebody can help me.

Sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but maybe if I try to clarify your question a little, someone will provide a good solution, which I'd like to see myself.

Tell me if I'm wrong about your question....

When you buy a software product, there is a product key code that usually comes with the original packaging, and that you must enter during installation in order to activate the software on the user's machine. ie: copywrite protection.

I've never packaged a product for distribution like this, but it seems like the packaging process would include this functionality, or maybe there's a third party product that manages it - if not, it seems like this would be an area of opportunity for an enterprizing programmer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back