Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to create one pdf from many .tiffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

domxp

Technical User
Feb 18, 2002
PL
Hi everyone!

I've come through all threads and I still have got that question: how to create one pdf from many .tif files in one step? Sounds easy? Certainly is not.
I've got Acrobat 5.0.5, and I've tried the following:
1) dragging the files onto Acrobat icon - failed, one pdf for each tif
2) dragging the files into Acrobat window - for result look above
3) opening "as pdf" many .tif files at one time - the same
The only thing that works is opening .tif files one by one and responding to the kind Adobe question by choosing "append"
However I suspect that it might be the issue of my system maybe, which is not that new: Windows 98 SE.
But whatever the system is, isn't it annoying that Adobe doesn't provide us with explicitly embedded possibility of just creating one pdf file from many images at one time? So what do they think their product is supposed to do? I've read in the one of the previous threads that you can use on of the simple software for image managing and just print them using distiller, so what is Acrobat for? (<-- I know that of course, but I'm a bit annoyed).

Help appreciated!

I believe there is a built in macro that you can use or modify as you see fit.

Good Luck

Why not place all the TIFs into a page layout application (e.g. Pagemaker) and make the PDF from that?

You could place as many as will fit onto each page, and if there is more than one page's worth, this will create a multipage PDF. Is that what you are trying to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back